Bridge Inspection and Maintenance
Solutions for Bridge Structures
FPrimeC Solutions provide smart and innovative inspection and monitoring solutions for bridge and culvert structures. We help our clients with routine annual and biennial bridge inspection (OSIM, and enhanced OSIM). We provide comprehensive solutions for testing bridge decks, as well as other components. Our non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions offer non-intrusive, cost-effective, and reliable evaluation of bridge and culvert structures:
+ Detail Visual Inspection (OSIM and enhanced OSIM)
+ Condition Assessment (survey) of Bridge Decks
+ Repair and Retrofit Design
Many defects can be observed on bridges, but more subsurface defects are not. Ensuring the integrity of bridge structures is not only a matter of public safety, but also critical to prevent major damages and extend the lifespan.
Common Problems in Bridge Structures
- Concrete: Scaling, Disintegration, Erosion, Corrosion of Reinforcement, Delamination, Spalling, Cracking, Alkali Aggregate Reaction
- Steel: Corrosion, Permanent Deformations, Cracking, Connection Deficiencies
- Masonry: Cracking, Splitting, Spalling and Disintegration, Loss of Mortar and Stones, Aluminum, Corrosion, Cracking, Connection Deficiencies
- Asphalt Pavement: Cracking, Raveling, Loss of Bond and Delamination, Potholes, Wheel Track Rutting, Rippling, Flushing, Slippery Surface, Coatings, Coating Related Defects, Adhesion Related Defects
If you observe or have concerns for any of the damages above, we have a wide array of solutions for you! Contact us to customize a solution or a thorough inspection!
Visual Inspection - OSIM
We offer biennial visual inspection for bridge and culvert structures. Our engineers and inspection team have a breadth of experience in the inspection and evaluation of existing bridge and culvert structures. We also help our clients with enhanced inspection, and condition survey for bridge structures.
+ Visual Inspection According to Ontario Structure Inspection Manual (OSIM)
+ Nondestructive evaluation of concrete
+ Corrosion Inspection and Monitoring
We offer innovative NDT methods for cost-effective and reliable evaluation of bridge structures. Our condition assessment services can help clients with non-destructive evaluation of strength, and wireless corrosion inspection of girders, and piers. In addition to conventional test methods, we offer engineering services for the condition survey of bridge decks.
+ Nondestructive evaluation of concrete deck slab
+ Corrosion Inspection and Monitoring of Girders and Piers
+ Corrosion Inspection and Monitoring of Bridge Deck
Durability Related Issues
Surface defects may be the result of poor quality material, poor workmanship or environmental loading. Segregation, cold joints, and honeycombing are commonly observed in concrete structures. Our NDT lab can be used to identify and quantify these defects.
Delamintaion is a form or discontinuity in surface of concrete. The delaminated area may be invisible from the surface of concrete. Traditional methods for identifying the delaminated area consist of detecting a hollow sound by tapping or chain dragging. FPrimeC Solutions offers NDT alternatives which are faster and more reliable. This includes application of GPR, ultrasonic methods, and infrared thermography.
+ Detecting location and extent of delamination
- Mechanical Methods such as Schmidt Rebound Hammer
- Acoustic Methods such as Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV), Impact-Echo, Acoustic Emission, Linear Resonance Frequency, Seismic Tomography, etc.
- Electromagnetic Methods such as Ground penetrating radar (GPR)
- Electrical and Electrochemical Methods such as Electrical Resistivity, Corrosion Rate, Half-cell, etc.
Our promise is to customize for you the most cost-effective, time-efficient, and non-intrusive solution!